Tuesday, October 17, 2006

MONEY IS NO OBJECT!

I woke up this morning feeling a bit melancholy. Today is the day I pick up my beloved Nigel's cremains. I was horrified when I checked my phone messages from the day before, and there was a message letting me know that Nigel was back from the Crematory. My poor baby had to spend the night at the Vet's office. Not to be a drama queen, but honestly that was very upsetting to me. I arrive at the Vet's office and one of the Vet tech's told me that he really needed my help with a dog that had come in. Basically there was a 7 month old pitbull that had been hit by a car and her leg was broken. The owners were unable to pay for the surgery, and if he did not find a home for her by the end of the business day they were going to euthenize her. Well as you can imagine I was a bit taken aback. I was already mentally drained, now I have to figure out a way to save a puppy's life, and by the way, I had about 2.5 hours! First, I agreed to pitch in $100 for the surgery. One of the vet tech's talked the Dr. Into giving the employee discount for the surgery, which is significant. Everyone at the office pitched in the remainder of the money. Ok, now we come to the hard part, finding a foster home to care for an active puppy with a broken leg. I decided to call the ultra fabulous JULIE ROYAL, she agreed immediately, without hesitation. Can I just say, I love this woman, she is so dedicated to saving the lives of shelter dogs and cats. She and her husband Michael have already fallen in love with the ADORABLE MICHELLE!
Yes, that's right Julie decided to name her after me, I'm extremely honored. Michelle is recovering beautifully, and will be available to go to her new forever home very soon. I do want to mention to those of you feeling badly for the former owners; they were unfit. I will not be able to elaborate, just trust me it was not a healthy environment. In the beginning of this post I mentioned that I started my day feeling melancholy, then I realized by the end of the day that it was NIGEL that made all of this happen. He brought Michelle to me so I could help save her. When I finally met her, I knew that the $100 that I contributed, was the best $100 I have ever spent!

No comments: